Thursday, February 21, 2013

Frank Zappa - Hot Rats (1969)

Perhaps its my return from three days of a lovely romp through Astoria with my girlfriend that is making me feel nostalgic and I confess, it took me a long time to appreciate Frank Zappa.  With lots of tongue-in-cheek lyrics impinging on my early high school death metal sensibilities, it took a few years of learning about the world (and punk rock) until it finally clicked.  Frank was also a "strident" (I love how that word gets thrown at atheists) critic of religion.  There are also an astounding number of species named after Zappa by his ardent zoological fans: an extinct mollusc in Nevada and named Amaurotoma zappa, a genus of gobiid fishes of New Guinea Zappa, with a species named Zappa confluentus, a Californian jellyfish Phialella zappai, a Cameroonese spider, which they in 1994 named Pachygnatha zappa because "the ventral side of the abdomen of the female of this species strikingly resembles the artist's legendary moustache". [1]


Hot Rats
1. Peaches En Regalia
2. Willie The Pimp
3. Son Of Mr. Green Genes
4. Little Umbrellas
5. The Gumbo Variations
6. It Must Be A Camel


Generally, quantum mechanics does not assign definite values. 
Instead, it makes a prediction using a probability distribution; 

No comments:

Post a Comment