Sunday, May 5, 2013

Understanding Science - Lecture 5: The Burden of Proof (2012)



Sorry for the long wait between posts. I usually wait an arbitrary amount of time between posts when I write a large fluoridation essay because the blog tends to get link dropped. I'm going to be fairly relieved when this damn vote is over. I've been wearing my pro-fluoride button which tends to get me into hilarious debates with passionate antis. Sometimes I'm in the mood for it and sometimes I'm not but I still haven't heard any argument that sounds rational or logical yet. The anti-campaign seems to have resorted to just saying "NOOO!" instead of engaging in rational argument. Another side effect of these high profile anti-science campaigns is that the online skeptical groups become awash with people name calling and attacking science-based thinking. They often purport to be "skeptical" but they are one-trick ponies, there only for countering arguments on this one issue. The momentary relief between campaigns draws near and we can all go back to posting Neil deGrasse Tyson videos and poking fun at religion.

AUDIO ONLY (MP3)

No comments:

Post a Comment