Saturday, March 16, 2013

Brian Eno & John Cale - Wrong Way Up (1990)


I'm curating a dark disco night at the club where I normally throw shows and I've been spending HOURS downloading music and refining my playlist.  This is an INVISIBLE ARTERIES post.  I was in the middle of a downloading spate and I thought, "How am I going to work Brian Eno into this dance night?"  There are several tracks on this record that work (this is the most danceable music I've heard from either of these two ambient/drone godfathers).  See also my earlier Brian Eno post for reference.

Wrong Way Up
  1. "Lay My Love" - 4:44
  2. "One Word" - 4:34
  3. "In the Backroom" - 4:02
  4. "Empty Frame" - 4:26
  5. "Cordoba" - 4:22
  6. "Spinning Away" - 5:27
  7. "Footsteps" - 3:13
  8. "Been There, Done That" - 2:52
  9. "Crime in the Desert" - 3:42
  10. "The River" - 4:23
1 + i = (1 + r)(1 + \pi).

No comments:

Post a Comment